Chart of Water Level at HBNWR Long Pond
Time measurement by UTC.
The graph above is a live chart. Each day the earliest measuring is dropped and new information is added. Measurements are taken hourly. Graphing is done by our secure web server. Measurements can be embedded or downloaded.
The Mark 1, photo below, is an out-of-the-water ultrasonic measuring and telemetric, cellular reporting device. Measurements shown are from the Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge in Arcata, California. This location was chosen to show changes in stage that occur as a result of tidal conditions.
The Mark 1 is a telemetric measuring and reporting device for measuring stage and water quality related sensors.
- Small, waterproof, polycarbonate case
- Airborne ultrasonic sonar
- Optional sensors, such as conductivity, can be attached
- Cellular transmitting
- Within 1 percent
- Solar panel with a lithium-ion battery back-up
- GPS locator in case of theft